There’s nobody like Roman Hamala when you have an important transaction that has to be done and has to be done right. He is very strong on the technical side, but also very practical and a skilled negotiator.
Prior to establishing a law firm Hamala Kluch Víglaský, he worked in a prominent international law firm (as an associate and as a partner) in Prague, Bratislava and New York and in a leading local law firm, advising clients on strategic Privatization, M&A, Restructuring, Greenfield, Financing and Real Estate transactions.
He has extensive experience advising clients in important business sectors, particularly energy, infrastructure, telecommunications, real estate and financial institutions. Thanks to his international experience he is well positioned to lead complex acquisition and restructuring cross border transactions spanning to numerous jurisdictions.
Roman has 20 years of mergers & acquisition, privatization, restructuring, financing and real estate practice.
Recent transactions include:
- Advising the National Property Fund of the Slovak Republic on restructuring of its assets and sale of selected assets
- Advising the Ministry of Transport, Construction and Regional Development on the contemplated lease/concession of the Bratislava airport
- Advising the National Property Fund of the Slovak Republic on the sale of shares in Slovak Telecom
- Advising Johnson Controls in numerous greenfield projects and operations in several Slovak locations and restructurings of these operations
- Advising Slovenské elektrárne with respect to various strategic operation matters and out-of-court disputes with third parties
- Demerger of land and development of several real estate projects by CRESCO GROUP, a major Slovak real estate developer, in the area of South City, Bratislava
- Corporate and finance restructuring of Euro MAX Slovakia, a leading Slovak developer that specialises in the regional shopping and entertainment centre industry
- Advising TRICORP Development in a dispute with the general contractor of one of the major residential projects in Slovakia
- Acquisition of shares in Slovenská plavba a prístavy, a.s., the largest Slovak river transport company, by a foreign buyer
Awards & Reckognitions
Roman Hamala is regularly identified as leading individual or recommended lawyer by LEGAL 500, IFLR 1000, Chambers Europe, Chambers Global and other rankings.