He is significantly experienced, knowledgeable, and completely committed to client service. He is a tough yet practically oriented negotiator.
Before establishing Hamala Kluch Víglaský law firm, Martin worked as a senior associate for White & Case in Bratislava and New York. He obtained extensive experience in the areas of real estate, M&A, corporate, employment, and foreign direct investment by participating in many large scale privatizations, real estate and corporate acquisitions and commercial transactions.
Martin Kluch has obtained extensive experience in the areas of real estate, M&A, corporate, labor, mergers and acquisitions.
Recent transactions include:
- Slovenské elektrárne, a.s. in connection with construction of the Mochovce nuclear power plant, operation of Gabčíkovo hydroelectric power plant, as well as the issues related to the sale and transmission of electricity and issues related to relationship between shareholders
- Corporate restructuring of Invest Rent, a.s., a Slovak real estate developer, in the form of a de-merger on three surviving entities, including real estate transfers
- Representation of PENTA Investments in its acquisition of a Slovak meat producer MECOM, a.s.
- Representation of Johnson Controls in complex restructuring of the activities performed by the Building Efficiency division, including, inter alia, a few transfers of shares and ownership interests, the sale of an enterprise and two mergers
- Quinlan Private in its EUR 1,300,000,000 joint venture project called “South City” consisting of the construction of a new residential area in Bratislava having more than 7,500 apartments, an office area of more than 220,000 m2 and other area of more than 422,000 m2 intended for shops and civil amenities
- Quinlan Private Golub and Cresco Group in connection with EUR 117,000,000 development of Slovak up market and very popular project “III Towers Project”
- Establishment and operation of a branch of ABN AMRO Bank N.V. in Slovakia, including corporate, regulatory, and financing issues
- Various corporate and labor law related advices for six plants of Johnson Controls both automotive and building efficiency groups in Slovakia
- Various corporate and regulatory issues of Electricité de France International, in connection with its shareholding in a regional Slovak energy distribution company
- Advising General Electric in the acquisition of several shopping malls in Slovakia and on numerous financing, environmental and real estate matters
- Advising Slovenské elektrárne a.s. in respect to various strategic operation matters and out-of-court disputes with third parties
Awards & Reckognitions
Martin Kluch is regularly identified as leading individual or recommended lawyer by LEGAL 500, IFLR 1000, Chambers Europe and Chambers Global.