Jozef is a member of our legal team since 2017. During his studies at the Faculty of Law at Trnava University in Trnava he worked for almost two years as paralegal at local law firm. After the graduation at the law faculty he attended postgraduate program specialized in competition law and economics at the Brussels School of Competition, Brussels and obtained LL.M. degree. During these studies Jozef obtained significant experience in various areas of the competition law such as cartel agreements, abuse of dominance, merger regulation and state aid. Prior to joining HAMALA KLUCH VÍGLASKÝ he worked for almost a year at the law firm ČERNEJOVÁ & HRBEK as an associate where he specialized mainly in corporate law, employment law and dispute resolution.
Currently, Jozef’s main area of practice is a competition law. He participated in projects related to the notifying mergers to Slovak Antimonopoly Office and to other international competition authorities including European Commission. Jozef also participated in projects related to the assessment of measure as a state aid under EU rules and he also advises clients on all aspects of antitrust law including cartel agreements. Jozef also advises clients in the field of corporate governance, corporate law and labor law.
Recent transactions & assignments include:
- Providing legal services to leading Slovak logistic company on acquisition of shares in a company which is mayor undertaking on the market of maintenance of the rolling stock in the Slovak Republic and subsequent notification of the transaction to the Antimonopoly Office of the Slovak Republic;
- Providing legal services to large private equity group in Slovakia on acquisition of approx. 500,000 sqm of land in the vicinity of Bratislava for a future project development;
- Providing legal services to leading Slovak logistic company on acquisition of shares in a company which is one of the most significant undertakings on the market of production of rolling stock and subsequent notification of the transaction to the Antimonopoly Office of the Slovak Republic and to other competent competition authorities;
- Providing legal services to national railway transporter on arrangement of mutual right and obligations and corporate governance with international railway transporter when performing their mutual business;
- Providing legal services to central government body on an assessment of the applicability of the EU state aid rules on the transaction;
- Providing legal analysis related to the merger control to group active on the field of logistics;
- Providing legal services to company providing environmental services when changing its shareholders structure and subsequent set up of its corporate governance.