Real Estate & Construction
We have extensive experience in all forms of real estate activity ranging from the acquisition, planning, construction, development, financing, leasing and sale of mixed use sites, office buildings, business parks, retail units, shopping centers, hotels and leisure and industrial facilities, property financing transactions, joint ventures, outsourcing, real estate investment funds and other innovative co-ownership or real estate tax and other real estate finance driven schemes.
We assist our clients in executing complex transactions that demand deep market knowledge, talent and commitment; our lawyers have been involved in some of the largest real estate transactions ever undertaken in Slovakia.
Our real estate & construction practice commonly advises on:
- real estate due diligence
- acquisition of land, buildings, and zoning development
- real estate based corporate transactions (M&A deals, joint ventures, real estate funds)
- real estate encumbrances, pledges and other third party rights
- retail, office, apartment, industrial leases
- real estate financing
- sale and leasebacks and other off-balance sheet financing
- planning and zoning
- dealing with relevant state and municipal authorities
- dispute resolution, including mediation and expert assessment
- property and facility management
- utility agreements
Recent transactions & assignments:
Advisory services to a foreign investor in relation to a concession agreement for the R1 Expressway Project (PPP Slovak project)
Representing Johnson Controls on a lease restructuring project which consisted of termination of several leases for various buildings in Bratislava and negotiation of a completely new build-to-suit lease of new HQ Building in the prominent part of Bratislava (left bank of Danube river)
Acquisition of land in Bratislava by GTC Group and development of a major residential complex “Vinohradis“
Representing of AVESTUS Real Estate in its EUR 115,000,000 up market “III Towers Project” consisting of the construction of more than 650 apartments and non-residential premises in the wider center of Bratislava being a joint-venture with a leading local developer Cresco Group, a.s.